Crowhurst Community Agriculture
Environmental Policy Statement
We believe that community groups are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our operating methods.
Our policy is to
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Grow our vegetables without the use of chemicals to minimize the environmental impact on the land
- Use water that has been reclaimed from rainwater by the use of water butts wherever possible
- Minimize our carbon footprint when transporting our produce
- Assess the environmental impact of any new projects we intend to introduce in advance.
- Ensure that all members understand our Environmental Policy and confirm to the high standards it requires.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Update our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with members